Friday, May 21, 2010

Looking Back...Part II

The summer started off with a bang. The fourth of July found me driving north with my sister and her three children. We enjoyed whatever fireworks we happened upon as we made our way from Maryland to my brother’s house in Upstate New York for a few hours of sleep. Seven hours later we were back in the car to our second destination, The New Hampshire Institute of Art. My 17 year old nephew was going to be spending two weeks there as part of a pre-college summer semester. We dropped him and his suitcase off and continued on to Maine for a little gal time.


Our time in Maine was delightful. I was with my sister and her two daughters. We enjoyed, among other things, a 16-mile bike ride through Acadia National Park and a great lobster dinner with a good friend. We walked along the rocky coast and I shared my interest in sea glass with Megan and Mary. By the end of the week we had all amassed our own little collections of blue, brown and green glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment