Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Good Day

This morning I made my yearly trek downtown to check out the Cherry Blossom activity around the Tidal Basin.  With my camera safely packed up and my bike ready for travel I hit the trail near the Iwo Jima for the easy ride across the Memorial Bridge into DC. 

There's nothing like DC in the springtime to remind me why I like living here so much- a good thing since I've spent a lot of time lately considering the idea of moving on.  The Lincoln Memorial, the Reflecting Pool, the Washington Monument, Albert Einstein relaxing in front of The National Academy of Sciences, flowers in bloom and of course the Cherry blossoms that line the Tidal Basin- there's so much to see in this little place that's been my home for the last 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment