Thursday, April 4, 2013

What Was I Thinking?

With getting to sleep at the forefront of my mind I scurried around the kitchen just minutes ago cleaning up a few things from tonight's writing group meeting.  In the back of my mind I was happy with the evening, measuring coffee and drying off a huge wok-like skillet.

Accidents often occur when one isn't thinking clearly, don't they?  Yes, tonight was no exception.  That wok-like thing never quite made it on the hook it usually rests in the kitchen.  Instead of resting neatly the way it usually does that darn thing fell and gave me a nice little banging underneath my eye.

Whatever I had been thinking of disappeared rather quickly and the only thing I can think of now, as I rest with an ice pack on the eye, is I hope I don't wake up with a shiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment