Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yup, Spring is Busting Out All Over

Sure I've heard the phrase "sitting around watching the grass grow," but I've never think much about it until springtime rolls around.  Thanks to the mini heatwave we've been experiencing the last few days spring has indeed popped out all over the place.  Just last evening I stood on my back patio and stared at the tree branches that towered over me.  I was searching for the source of the bird calls that echoed from above.  The branches were pretty much bare except for the buds, mostly red in color, that outlined the mass of limbs.

This evening those red buds were gone, having been replaced by small bunches of tiny green leaves waiting to extend themselves to their full reach.

Wow, I wonder if my cat spent the day watching them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment