Sunday, March 17, 2019

Blue Skies, Warm Sun, Pretty Feet

The bright blue skies were a little misleading today.  Yes, the sun was warm on my face as I strolled toward my car but the breeze chilled my toes as they made their first appearance in flip flops this year.

If it wasn't for the pain in my Achilles tendon I may have sprinted to my car, just to make sure that no one saw those toes that were in desperate need of a springtime spruce up.

Fortunately, the local salon wasn't too crowded at 11:30 this morning.  So, I didn't have to wait to slide into a massage chair with a warm foot bath.  My nail tech took one look at my dry heels and suggested I go for the spa pedicure.  Yea, she was definitely trying to upsell me but since it would be the first pedicure I've had in about 4 months I figured my feet deserved a little extra care.

An hour later I had about 50 pages of my book read and a pair of feet that didn't need to hide from the public.  The next stop was REI.  It seemed like a good day to shop for a new pair of sandals.

4 comments:

  1. There is something so ritualistic and amazing about that first post-winter pedicure. It's like baseball's opening day, but for your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow on the ground this morning prevented me from breaking out the flip flops, but I did go without socks! Maybe the flippies will come out later this week... after a pedi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aghh. How jealous am I? We are on opposite seasons in Buenos Aires. I have recently started hitting up my boot collection. Here's to your feet enjoying the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can NOT relate. My feet will have to stay under wraps for a little longer.

    ReplyDelete