Sunday, March 3, 2019

Mission Complete

It's been quite some time since I've been home for three days in a row.  I must say, it has been a fabulous long weekend filled with productivity.

Before I went to bed last night I created a list of five more things I hoped to accomplish before the end of the weekend.  I'm happy to report that laundry, shopping and grading are done.  I have filed all the papers that have been overtaking my dining room and kitchen.  

The weather outside is wet, but the temperature isn't cold enough to offer me any hope of missing time from school tomorrow.  So tonight, as darkness falls I'll feel grateful for the gift of extra time at home this weekend and take that feeling into a new work week.

Oh yea, the last item on my list was to write for my blog.  So I guess it's time to mark that off my now completed list.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are done, and that is a great feeling. I empathize with the list making, and sense of accomplishment once it's done. I too, have had the gift of time with an unforeseen snow day, and this has helped me get off to a good start. Here's hoping the rest of the month stays as calm, but my sense is this feeling is fleeting. Good luck with your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what you can do with that extra 24 hours! So glad you got to enjoy it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vibe of gratitude in this post! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, what a gift time can be indeed. I had a similar situation this weekend. I cooked a lot for my family and read a lot- two of my favorite things. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great feeling--to cross off items on the list. Who needs warm weather to get the spring cleaning done?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing quite like finishing a To Do list...doesn't seem to happen often. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete