Friday, March 8, 2019

Spring Hopes

The afternoon came along with a last shot of snow.  Walking to my car from work I was greeted by large, wet snowflakes.  They were the kind that spun through the air and melted on the pavement causing no real headaches to those traveling but gave us all something to talk about.

By Sunday it's supposed to be 70 degrees, so I suppose spring is officially on its way.  A patch of yellow crocuses has sprouted beneath the magnolia tree outside my door. So, I'm hopeful that all these signs of spring mean the winter cold I've been carrying around for the past two weeks will slowly fade away, just like the snowflakes melting into the warm pavement.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, between our king cake posts and today, you and I are in sync! I'm thrilled to read that Sunday will warm up. Bring on the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this line: They were the kind that spun through the air and melted on the pavement causing no real headaches

    Having seen that snow, I know how accurate it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending you hopeful thoughts that your cold will disappear and spring will arrive - although not as intensely as it sounds. I'll take 50 for a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete