Saturday, March 30, 2019

Low Key Saturday

I'm sure there are throngs of people out and about in the DC area today.  With the pinks, purples, and yellows of spring popping up everywhere the outdoors certainly seem to be calling.  No doubt a mass of slow-moving tourists have gathered in the area of the Tidal Basin in search of the perfect shot of the bursting cherry blossoms.  They are close to peak bloom so the crowds are surely close to peak capacity.

I was out early this morning for a pancake breakfast with a friend at the local diner.  After breakfast, I headed to the Giant and picked up everything I needed to prepare a big pot of chicken soup.  I considered the possibility of getting my bike out and heading downtown but with a cold rattling through my chest and a cough that won't quit I knew there was nothing to do but stay inside and take it easy.

I'm hoping the blossoms will wait for me.  Hopefully, the crowd downtown appreciated that bit of extra space my absence created.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better. Kinda envious of your pancake breakfast though! Fun.

    ReplyDelete