Saturday, March 16, 2019

Dinner is Served

With a full night's sleep and a short to-do list, I set off to the grocery store to pick up the last few needed items for an Irish-themed stew I was going to put together.

A malfunctioning debit card meant a short obstacle, but by 12:30 I was home and browning up the corned beef in my cast iron skillet.  Onions were chopped, my finger was sliced, but no worries readers- I was back in the kitchen in no time.  With added concentration, I cut up the red potatoes and then turned to Google to find out the best way to cut up butternut squash.  The directions were all I needed to get me back into the kitchen with my knife carefully in hand. 

Before long the beef, along with onions thyme, garlic beef broth, and a splash of Guinness, were in the crockpot leaving me with approximately six hours to wait.

Since there was a bevy of free time to be had I pulled out a trusted cookbook and made a loaf of Irish Soda Bread.

Six hours later I am hungry and ready to dive into a bowl of the stew I've been smelling all day long.  I'll slice a nice piece of bread, slather on some butter and most surely make some sort of yummy sound.

3 comments:

  1. Tip o' the hat to you, Chef Mary! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my mouth is watering! I can't wait for our Irish meal tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds just amazing! Love the voice you use - especially when you talk to your readers. Are invitations to dinner forthcoming? :)

    ReplyDelete