Saturday, March 9, 2019

Ease on Down the Road

While planning my activities for next week I was sure to keep in mind the beginning of Daylight Saving Time at 2:00AM tomorrow.  Yes, we'll all be happy to see the sun still shining at 7 o'clock tomorrow night. However, I think that happiness will fade for my students when they make their way to school on Monday morning in darkness.

I expect that I won't be the only one dragging a bit come Monday morning.  My antidote is to plan a very lowkey lesson.  There will be some writing and some reading for sure, but it won't be anything too taxing.  We're going to ease ourselves into this time change.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the dreaded time change. I will definitely be dragging come Monday morning. Here's to hoping the kiddos are still full of energy and can rub some off on me that dreary morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when we spring ahead!!! I rush to turn to all the clocks in my house to move them forward, unlike in the fall when I take a couple of days to move them all back. It will still be light at 7PM EST and that will outweigh any lack of sleep or morning grogginess for me. I need spring so badly I'll trade a few less hours of sleep. But I do understand your fear of the impending Monday morning gloom. Best of luck Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not a fan of the time change! I like the extra light but it seems so forced. Less time by the fire and less time sleeping. It always takes me about a week to adjust. Hope your students have a great Monday with your low key lessons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easing on down the road sounds like a great approach for Monday morning. Good plan!

    ReplyDelete