Saturday, March 3, 2012

No Reservations Needed

After a day spent inside cleaning I ventured down to the nearby shopping/restaurant village to pick up a little Indian food for dinner.  The weather was grand; there was a slight chill in the air but it was the kind of night that definitely made me believe that true spring was around the corner.

I was shocked at the number of people who were out.  Really the village of Shirlington was bursting with people.  Restaurants were packed full--waiting customers spilled out onto the sidewalk in front of the Mexican restaurant.  Even the Indian restaurant, which is usually only about 1/4 full, was doing a brisk business.   For a moment I felt like I was the only one who wasn't out to dinner.

No matter, I'm back at home now and happy about that.  I'll watch a little basketball and finish up a few small cleaning projects.

4 comments:

  1. Your post makes me wonder how many other people took the time to notice what you did. Great little snapshot of your afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people-watching on a Saturday night, especially on the first warm days when everyone leaves their homes all at once to enjoy it. Nice post, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun - Indian Food and a walk! People watching is the best as we all come out of our winter cocoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your walk. I'm anxious for spring too.

    ReplyDelete