Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What it Is

The phone call came this afternoon as I sat at my desk trying to figure out groups for Friday's field trip.  It was a call I knew would be coming sometime soon, I just didn't realize how soon.  My good friend was gone.  She died early this morning with her husband by her side.  Debbie had given cancer a damn good fight, but in the end the cancer got the best of her.

Certainly it's easier to hear about a death that is expected than one that comes out of nowhere, but loss is still loss.  I finished up a few things and walked out the door with my head hung low and my heart full of sadness.

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Mary. Cancer sucks! I am sending you prayers and a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overwhelmed as I read the number of bloggers who have been touched by loss during this month's writing challenge. It's been a reminder to me that even though we can get lost in the mundane of our everyday, we need to remember that there are hurting people around us.

    "I finished up a few things and walked out the door with my head hung low and my heart full of sadness." Prayers for you in the next days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you hugs from here, hoping that the memories you have will bring you some comfort in the difficult days ahead! Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mary. My thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry...My thougths and prayer are with you. I too am overwhelmed with teh nuber of bloggers who have lost friends and family this month. It seems to be a sad reminder that this too is the sad SOL for all of us/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sad day, indeed. You are right, no matter whether one is prepared for loss or not, the hurt is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad to hear this. My thoughts are with all who knew your friend.

    ReplyDelete