Thursday, March 26, 2015

I've Got the Roadhouse Blues

The seasonal change from winter to spring is often the first time I take a good look at the pedicure situation going on with my feet.  I glanced down yesterday and it was not pretty.  Staring back at me were my raggedy toenails, with a few stubborn splotches of orange nail polish.

Orange?  Yup, unfortunately that means those toes had not seen the inside of a nail salon since baseball season when they were given a new look for an Orioles game.

What can I say?  It's embarrassing.  In fact, it was so embarrassing that I didn't even feel right about showing my feet to the gals at my usual nail place.  I shuffled into a nearby salon that I don't usually go to feeling sorry for whoever would be dealing with the mess that was my feet.  

Luckily, I was the only client in the establishment.  If my feet were the worst my nail tech had seen in awhile she didn't let on. I do appreciate that.  I made sure to tip her well.


An hour later I strolled out the door, proudly displaying my feet, with a nice shade of Roadhouse Blues sparkling in the late afternoon sun.

1 comment:

  1. Your feet are going to put mine to shame! (Do you remember the foot contests on Highland Road? I think you always won.)

    ReplyDelete