Sunday, March 11, 2018

Adjusting

If we're counting nays and yays in regards to Daylight Saving Time I'm going to cast my vote for yay, even though it takes some getting used to.

I went to bed later than usual last night.  After a late dinner with my sister and niece, I still had a slice of life to post.  By the time my head hit the pillow, it was about 12:30, although I made a mental note to consider it 1:30.

I was up at 8:00 with a confused Fitbit telling me I slept for 5 hours and 42 minutes.  Surely, that wasn't correct but everything is a little off as my body adjusts to the different flow of lightness and darkness.  The biggest adjustment will come tomorrow morning when my morning wake-up/get to work routine will once again be completed in darkness.

Over the last few weeks, I've enjoyed the early morning sunshine that greets me as I walk to my car.  Tomorrow's darkness will be a shock to the system.  In the end, patience will pay off, as it will only be about 30 days until that walk to the car is once again done in daylight.  As long as I can hold on to that future promise of light I think I'll be okay.


When that day does arrive, around April 9, I'll let out a "Yay!"- the same way I feel about DST.

2 comments:

  1. The adjustment is a shock to the system, isn't it? But it doesn't take long to work it's way through. I was loving it not getting dark until 7pm tonight. We have a crazy routine, but it works. After dinner the night of the time changing, we change all the clocks and head for bed at our usual time according to the updated clocks, but it's really an hour before. That made getting up this AM much easier. Here's to coming home in the daylight!

    ReplyDelete