Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Pile-up in Alexandria

I recently told a neighbor that I have a high tolerance for living in mediocrity.  I can ignore a squeaky door, loose knob and a little bit of dust and clutter for quite some time.  Eventually, those little things add up and reach the tipping point.  That point comes at different times, as it is totally dependent on how busy I am with work.  

September is a tough time in the world of teaching so if one was to walk into my house unexpected at the end of that month they would definitely be shocked to see just how mediocre things have become in my home.  

March brings a little more light.  Not only is there more daylight, but there's also a light at the end of the tunnel of the school year that I can just make out.  So, it's about this time of year that I start looking around at all the things I'd like to clean up or out of my house.

Spring Break will allow me to get a start on things.  First to go will be sweaters.  With daffodils and forsythia in bloom, my body practically repels the thick sweaters taking up space in the closet.  I'll allow a few to stick around until next year, but anything that has lost its shape will be gone.  

Once summer comes I'll go through each room in the house in search of things that don't belong.  Donation bags will find their way to Goodwill.  Trash bags will multiply and make their way to the curbside for pickup.  With any luck, August will uncover a cleaner, more orderly household.


Before I know it, September will arrive and along with it will come the start of the next pile-up.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. If you could help me with my pile up, that would be awesome. Love the time passing in this slice - and reappearing again.

    ReplyDelete