Friday, March 9, 2018

Is it Friday Yet?

Meley slid into her seat in homeroom this morning.  Her arms were crossed tightly across her chest.  Her posture dropped into a slump as her head hung down. With eyes half shut she yawned, "I feel like this school week has lasted 9 days."

I woke up at some point in the middle of the night and convinced myself it was Saturday.  I smiled and thought about how great it was going to be to sleep late.  The next thing I knew my alarm was blaring the arrival of another workday.

No one else said a word.  The other 10 students in the room at that time merely yawned and nodded in agreement.

You said it, sister.

3 comments:

  1. Ughh - the agony. Totally relate to Meley and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, those are the worst days...when you wake up thinking it's a different day. Bright side...tomorrow actually IS Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had weeks like that too! We have 5 days until spring break, and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete