Sunday, March 4, 2018

Spring is in the Air

The sun was out in all it's glory today and the wind gusts I experienced most of the weekend had subsided to a gentle breeze.  A few branches littered the grass and street but I barely noticed them.  I was taken, as usual, with the sprouts of color that were popping up everywhere.

Across the way, my neighbor's yellow daffodils danced in the breeze.  Purple crocus added a pop of color to the brown soil near the stairs leading to the street.  Maroon buds could be seen on the tips of the branches that hung down above the cars lining the road.

All of these signs of spring reminded me just how beautiful DC is at this time of year.  Talk of Cherry Blossoms has begun as the National Park Service has announced the best guess for when the blossoms will reach their peak around the Tidal Basin.

The photographer in me looks forward to those blossoms and hopes that their peak coincides with sunshine, stillness and a Saturday or Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! The air was crisp today, but the sun felt warm enough to coax flowers from the earth. The detail in your writing reflects your photographer's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost wrote about the daffodils yesterday! Spring is in the air, even on the cold days! I can't wait to see your cherry blossom pix!

    ReplyDelete