Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Walking With An Old Friend

With temperatures nearing 70 this afternoon it felt right to slip on a pair of shorts for my afternoon walk. I dug down far in the bottom dresser drawer and pulled out an old pair of blue shorts- a pair that hadn't quite fit last year. With a smile, I snapped them with ease.

A year ago, I may have really had to talk myself into a walk after work. But somehow, in the midst of this pandemic, I finally found the time to take better care of myself. I found time to take those walks I had talked myself out of for so long. I found time to cut up vegetables instead of ordering up take-out. In the process, I found my way back to someone I used to know.  

Tying up my laces, I grabbed my headphones, turned on a new podcast, and headed out the door in the late afternoon light.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I noticed when everything was shut down, there were obviously so many things we were missing out on, but I also found time to fit in time for myself because the other commitments were gone. It’s something I’m hoping to hold onto once things are “back to normal”. Thanks for sharing this slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding time and finding ourselves - what a powerful lesson to hold onto from all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is inspirational, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather couldn’t have been nicer. You’ve got to love those moments when the shorts fit better than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a miraculous weather week for our RTS-- what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete