Saturday, March 31, 2018

Eyes Wide Open

On this last day of the March Writing Challenge, I'm feeling good.  I may have missed a day of the challenge but I never missed a day thinking- thinking, "hmm...I wonder what I'll write about today."

One thing I enjoy about this challenge is the way it reminds me to take a closer look at what's going around me.  I hold my head high as I go through the day, always looking around in search of the slice of the day.


Some days a slice pops right out at me.  Other days it doesn't.  Either way, it's okay because what I like the most is the mere act of forcing my eyes to open just a little wider.

4 comments:

  1. Eyes Wide Open is a great title and a great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first year slicing, and I noticed the exact same thing. I felt so much more aware of small things that could become a slice. I think I liked that the most too, just feeling a little more "there" all day, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had very similar experiences throughout March. It was so interesting to me that some days writing just seemed to flow and others it felt so challenging....there never seemed to be a rhyme or reason. I love the idea of "forcing my eyes to open just a little wider." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great slice about slicing Mary - Eyes Wide Open - great concept for our young writers as well.

    ReplyDelete