Friday, March 23, 2018

Traveling Partners

I didn't waste much time getting into the swing of Spring Break 2018.  By 1:30 I was in my car and heading northwest.  For a good part of my trip, I hugged the Mason-Dixon line.  Once I hit 70 N. in Frederick I found myself in a driving sort of trance as I lost myself in the bright blue skies, snow-covered hills, and a good audio book.

At 5:30 I was pulling into the parking lot of my hotel in Bridgeport, WV feeling a little sad.  For the past 4 hours, Carly Simon was telling me all about her life.  And as the book came to an end I felt a little down thinking about the demise of her marriage to James Taylor.  But it wasn't just the divorce that had me down; I was also mourning the end of our road trip relationship.


Tomorrow morning I'll be back on the road feeling rested and ready to go.  I've got a bunch of Podcasts to catch up on.  So, Ira Glass- I hope you're ready for the ride to Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. I got lured in by your title and wasn't disappointed. Carly & James and tomorrow Ira - you're in good company! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! Carly & James were good companions for your road trip. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete