Saturday, March 10, 2018

This Isn't My Mother's Monkey Wards

My first bra buying experience took place at the local Montgomery Wards.  I was whatever age you are when your mother decides it's time to buy one, so she was there as well.  We were wandering around the undergarment section of the department store when without warning my mom pulled a small white bra from a box on the shelf and strapped it over my clothes, around my chest, to check the fit.  I don't think I could have been much more embarrassed at that age.  I think that first experience must have really done a doozie on me, as I have never enjoyed the bra buying experience.

Until today.  Today my sister and I wandered into a nearby Jockey outlet store.  We were given a warm greeting by the salesperson who offered a free pair of underwear if I got a free bra fitting.  Well, I needed both, so why not?  These days fittings take place behind clothes doors with tape measures and plastic cup moldings.  Yes- it's a long way from my mother's "over the clothes" fitting technique.  Within 30 minutes I was out the door with everything I needed.  And even better, everything was on sale.  Now that's what I call a great shopping experience.

2 comments:

  1. So are you saying that when I did this at Dick's Sporting Goods today because the lines to the dressing rooms were too long that my sons were embarrassed? Maybe that's why they were walking away so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the free undies would have made it worth it for me!

    ReplyDelete