Thursday, March 29, 2018

Fetch

I spent ten hours in the car yesterday.  Although the drive home from Indiana was a scenic one I was happy to be home and off the rainy roads.  As usual, my two cats were there to greet me. 

Once dinner was served both felines took up their usual evening positions.  Older cat Edgar hopped on his perch at the back window to check out the birds on the patio.  Alice spent some time in the front window before trotting over my way with a small tin foil ball in her mouth.  She dropped it at my feet and stared hopefully.

Alice has me trained pretty well, so I picked up the silver sphere and tossed it across the room.  She ran to fetch it and then quickly returned it to me once again.  I threw it once more.  She fetched it again. And so the evening went...

I was gone for 5 days, so there was a lot of fetching to catch up on. 

2 comments:

  1. Pets are so good at getting us to quickly return to the important things...the simple and consistent routines that make life "life." (I love your cats' names!)

    ReplyDelete