Sunday, March 20, 2011

Breakin'

The Z-Pack didn't quite have the punch needed to fight my sinus infection. Even though I woke up last Wednesday feeling better in some ways I was feeling worse in others. My head hurt, but not in the headache kind of way. The back of my head was swollen and tender to the touch. I waited for the antibiotics to do their thing. Friday morning brought no relief so I decided it was time to take a trip to the doctor's office.

A look in my ears got a comment of "yikes, your ears are a mess!" My throat was red and my lymph nodes were swollen. I was running a slight fever. It was time for a new, super antibiotic.

A weekend away became a weekend at home. I took it easy, I slept, and I took it easy some more. Sunday morning came with a feeling of restlessness. The sun was shining and I wanted to be out soaking up a few of those rays. It took a bit of doing, but I was able to wrestle my bike out of the closet for the first ride of the year. My ten-mile jaunt started in Arlington and continued over the Potomac to Georgetown for a ride along the C & O Canal. It was an excellent way to break the monotony of my self-induced weekend at home.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! The assorted illnesses making their rounds these past weeks have been relentless. Hopefully the arrival of sunshine and fresh spring breezes will bring relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super description. Glad you were able to escape into the fresh air. Refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I hope you didn't over-do it!

    ReplyDelete