Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dinner Time

I wasn't surprised to see my cat peering out the window when I got in from work this evening. After all, it was 7:00 o'clock, about two hours later than my usual arrival time. Some may think it's sweet that a furry little animal was watching for me, like he was concerned, or missed me. I know better.

This cat is a creature of habit, as I'm sure most are. He likes his first dinner at about 5:00. Dinner number one is followed by a little time outside to patrol the area for mice, small birds and cats that may be thinking about trespassing into his territory. He knows dinner number two comes after he returns from his nightly rounds. Well, he thinks it comes upon his return--really, I feed him half of his dinner portion when I get home from work, whatever time that may be, and the rest about 9:00. He spends most of the evening coming and going hoping his return will remind me it's time for dinner time number two.

He probably thinks my lateness has completely messed up this evening's ritual. Actually, he'll be happy when that second meal comes sooner than he figured on.

1 comment:

  1. Coincidentally, this evening our pets were very hungry, too.

    ReplyDelete