Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Thing

Conference Day usually comes with its share of ups and downs. Today it started in a panic when I awoke at 6:10 to realize that my alarm didn't go off at 5:00 like it was supposed to. My first conference was scheduled for 7:00. I don't know if it's really possible to run through the shower but I sure felt like I did. In fact, I was on the run from the time my bare feet hit the floor until I headed out the door 2o minutes later. I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to get a shower, dry my hair, put on a little make-up and grab a large cup of coffee before storming out the door. I was in my classroom and ready to go by 6:50.

It was a tough start but thankfully, that was not a sign of things to come. The day went smoothly. Yes, there was a somewhat contentious conversation with one parent but I believe we parted ways feeling satisfied with the end result.

The workday may have had a shaky start but in the end the day was a successful one--that's always a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. It's truly a large slice of life to oversleep on conference day. I'm glad the rest of the day was almost flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate starting out behind! At least you were able to grab a large coffee. Glad you were able to come to an agreement with the parent. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - you sure looked together and confident by the time we saw you! You were the epitome of the well-organized and caring teacher! Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete