Friday, April 24, 2020

Clear Headed and Walking

I walk along roughly the same path for my daily walk.  I may change up the order of streets here and there but for the most part, I stay within a 2-mile radius of my house.  What never ceases to amaze me is how different the same two miles can look from day today.

Sure, all the spring blooms help bring about those subtle changes I see each day but I think there's something else at play as well.

Thanks to quarantine life, this teacher is getting a good 8 hours of sleep each day.  I'm also not working through the day making somewhere around 1500 decisions a day.  This new normal is stressful for sure, but apparently--for me-- it's not as stressful as a five-day workweek in the classroom.  That means there is plenty of room in my happy brain to continually notice new things in my environment.

I don't have any wishes to maintain this distance learning life past the end of the school year but for now, I'll take time to reap the benefits.

2 comments: