Sunday, April 26, 2020

Working the Crowd

I think Mother Nature is trying to make sure we stay in.  Yesterday was mostly cloudy and as I drove along the Potomac to another part of town I noted the number of walkers, runners, and cyclists traveling along the bike path.  I gave up on using the path a few weeks ago after I found it to be much more congested than the roadway.

Today there was just a whole lot of rain.  Skies were gray and rain sprinkled throughout the day.  As I drove over the river from DC I saw very few people out and about on the path.  There's more rain forecast throughout the week but it looks like next weekend will bring sunshine and no doubt, crowds eager for exercise to all of the usual spots.

2 comments:

  1. Before all of this is over, you will be the expert on out-of-the-way DC hikes. You'll need to write a guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that the crowded trails give me pause. So I stick to the neighborhoods, where at least you can cross the street to the other side when necessary.

    ReplyDelete