Monday, April 27, 2020

Missing Those Familiar Faces

The weekends can be hard in quarantine time.  During the week I have the distraction of my work but come Saturday and Sunday I'm stuck with not that much to do.  It's on the weekend that I miss my old life the most.

This past weekend I figured out a trick to help me pass the time.  Friday night I made up a big batch of oatmeal raisin cookies.  On Saturday, I dropped by my doctor's office during walk-in clinic hours to drop off some cookies.  My doctor and I go back about 30 years- we lived together in a group house when I first arrived in the area.  She may have voted against me moving in way back when but I managed to win over the rest of the house and eventually won her over as well.

There were no other patients in the office while I was there so we had time to catch up from a safe distance with lots of hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves at our disposal.

Later in the day, I dropped some cookies off for my niece and her boyfriend in DC.  I even managed to grab two boxes of Fruity Pebbles for them- something she had been wishing for in a group text earlier in the day.  Again, we were able to see each other and chat for a minute over the fence in her front yard.

Seeing people is nice.  Surprising them with treats is even nicer.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... what a great way to fill some quarantine time and bring joy to others! Cookies and conversation is a win-win.

    ReplyDelete