Thursday, April 30, 2020

A is for Alice

I had never planned on getting a second cat.  My house is small and seems better suited to be a one cat kind of household.  But then there was some tough stuff going on in my life and I thought a kitten might just pick me up a bit.  So, on a whim, I looked at a few cat rescue sites and found a tiny gray kitten that seemed just right.  Her name was Fisher- which I took as a good sign since it was my grandmother's last name before she got married.  
I can't say that my first cat, Edgar, was pleased with the new addition to the household but over time he's learned to adjust to the now-named Alice.  
All the tough things that were happening in my life eventually worked themselves out but having playful little Alice around during those times certainly made things a lot less stressful.

Life Lesson:  Sometimes help comes in small packages.

3 comments:

  1. A+ for Alice and this alphabiography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittens ensure laughter, which in turn heals the soul. I started with C for Cal and worked my way backwards. But not I'm hooked! (What will D be? Hmmm....)

    ReplyDelete