Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Moving On

I'm not sure if I was supposed to but I dashed across the state line into DC this evening to help my niece move to a different quadrant of the city.

Being the aunt has its perks- as does being the aunt who had a knee replacement last August.  Megan only needed me for the room in the back of my small SUV.  Fortunately, I didn't have to schlep up and down two flights of stairs to carry bags and other assorted items.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched her two roommates haul things down from their second-floor apartment.  It reminded me of the many moves I made in my twenties and early thirties.  Each new place promised something a little better- closer to town, the master bedroom, fewer roommates or even, finally, a place of my very own.

2 comments:

  1. Promises seem few and far between these days. I’m sure those kids were happy for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good knees or bad knees, not having to move again is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete