Thursday, March 21, 2024

A Well-Timed Break

My homeroom was eerily empty today. Sure, some students were there, but the kids who were always there without fail were oddly absent.

Out in the team area, teachers started talking about kids who went to the nurse and were sent home. The math teacher had a sub today after starting to feel achy yesterday. Yes, we're two days away from spring break but these absentees were not out to start vacation early. They were all sick.

I stopped upstairs and Tracey reported that something like 20 kids were sent home sick from the clinic. Hmmm, I thought, that is not good.

Around 1:30 this afternoon, I got a message from a parent. 

"I took Marley to the doctor this morning and she has type A flu. I wanted to let ya'll know because the doctor said this strain is very contagious and she may run a fever for 7 days."

It feels like spring break can't come soon enough.



2 comments:

  1. That's right! I went into the office at lunch and they were spraying disinfectant everywhere and wiping down the surfaces. "You might want to mask up," they told me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This feels way too March 2020. I’m glad we made it out in time!

    ReplyDelete