Friday, March 22, 2024

Cruising into Break

It was a quiet, controlled cruise into spring break today. Thanks to early vacationers and a run of Flu type A and Strep all classes were well below 100% occupied. I had already decided not to introduce anything new before the break, instead, I gave the students time to complete the personal narrative they'd been working on.

As of this morning, there were still about 5 students putting the finishing touches on their writing. Others were catching up on Lexia units, illustrating a storyboard of their narrative, and doing their own "Slice of Life" writing. I was offering support while quietly cleaning and organizing my desk. Every class worked diligently to complete what needed doing. 

Ninety-eight percent of my students left with everything accomplished for English. Their teacher left with about 90 personal narratives to grade. Here's hoping she gets at least half of them done.

2 comments:

  1. The road looks so long when first diving in. I’m wondering what your method is when facing a full load of grading. I usually focus on small goals: grade 10 and get some teas. Grade 10 more and take a walk. Being an English teacher is not for those with weak resolve.

    ReplyDelete