Monday, March 4, 2024

Happy Sunday Night!

Some days it feels like there's much unhappiness in the world. You don't have to watch TV or scroll your computer for too long before your good mood starts to deflate. Last night I entered the doors of a local music venue and found myself in a room of happiness.

Mother's Finest, a band I've never heard of, was playing. The show was a sellout. As I sat waiting for the music to start, I watched as groups of friends chatted, smiled, and laughed out loud. Gary was sitting at the table next to us. He's from the class of '77 of a nearby high school and seemed to know almost everyone there. 

"Is this some sort of reunion for you all?" Mary asked.

"Nah, we all just ended up in the same place tonight," he smiled.

Mother's Finest was formed as a funk rock band in the 70s in, as Gary said, "the greatest decade for music."

Once the music started the happiness meter was off the charts. There was dancing, hootin', and hollerin'. There was also a whole lot of smiling.

It's been a long time since I've been somewhere that exudes such happiness. I have to say, it was a great way to start off the week.





3 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome- I think we all could use a jolt of that kind of happiness today! I feel like I got a little dose through your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Mothers Finest is the best kind of medicine. I'm glad your week had such a happy start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So glad you had fun! Hope Monday morning wasn't too rough!

    ReplyDelete