Friday, March 29, 2024

Some Sphere

The Sphere is one of the newest attractions on the Las Vegas Strip. If you've seen any videos of U2's concert online, you can see what a sight it is on the inside.

I didn't know that it was a Madison Square Garden property. The auditorium seats 18,600 people and includes a wrap-around LED screen and 4D visual effects.

On Wednesday night I found myself high up in the auditorium waiting for a screening of a 50-minute movie, "Postcards from Earth," designed to showcase the technology of the sphere. I was not disappointed. 

It was like being in the front car of a ride, except the entire auditorium was the front car. We traveled across 7 continents and saw a glimpse of the world from snowy mountaintops and African savannahs. Elephants stomped across the screen with a force that shook our seats. (Thank you 4D experience) We watched and screamed as a lizard let its tongue fly to grab a spider. Landscapes spread out in front of us as we traveled with ease from one place to another. 

If you're ever in Vegas I'd recommend giving it a try.



3 comments:

  1. Okay, you're description has me hooked. It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had run out of reasons to revisit Las Vegas, but this is pretty tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like quite an experience! I love how you've let us all share it with you, vicariously.

    ReplyDelete