Wednesday, March 20, 2024

What's For Dinner?

Somewhere out there on the World Wide Web, I ran across an interview with vocalist extraordinaire, Aretha Franklin. The reporter's question was something like,  "What do you find to be the most difficult thing to do?" 

I'm sure he was hoping for some kind of inside scoop about working with difficult producers or how to keep her voice in shape.

Aretha took a second to consider the options before responding, "The hardest thing is figuring out what to make for dinner every night."

I laughed when I heard her response because, after over 35 years of living on my own, I struggle with the same damn thing.

Respect.

5 comments:

  1. Short. Sweet. And to the point. And so relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, thanks for sharing this great story- I will remember it! And you chose the PERFECT closing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a funny answer for Aretha. Tonight I had that very problem. It was time to spontaneously go out for dinner and I 'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That can be one tough question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s got to be a metaphor.

    ReplyDelete