Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Snow Day in Las Vegas

Snow isn't something that immediately comes to mind when one thinks of a week in Las Vegas, but we got to see more than our share of it today on Mount Charleston. 

The drive from Summerlin's desert landscape to the Spring Mountains forest only took about 40 minutes. Stubby palm trees sprouted from the desert floor but eventually gave way to towering pine trees and wooden a-frame homes. The rocky ridges rose high up into the bright blue sky. Climbing out of the car at an overlook I took in a long, deep breath of the mountain air.  If I didn't know better I might have thought I was somewhere in Colorado.

After 7 trips to Las Vegas, I probably thought I'd seen it all. The snow-covered landscape reminded me that I have not.

Also, there was sledding. 



3 comments:

  1. What a fun, Las Vegas style bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful description and just look at that adorable sledder’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the transition from stubby palms in the desert to pine trees and A-frames. This sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete