Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday's Contest

The Washington Post used to run a weekly neologism contest where they would ask readers to come up with a new word for everyday occurrences. I don't think it's happened in a while, but I was reminded of the weekly event when I considered an everyday occurrence in my own classroom.

So, I ask you, the readers, to come up with a term to describe the following situation: The teacher has taken time to review directions orally and posted them on the Smartboard. She-that's me by the way- has also asked anyone with questions to raise their hands. She has also had a student repeat the directions and again asked if there were any questions. Not a hand goes up and yet when the said teacher returns to her desk there is a line of students with questions about what to do.

What would you call that line?

5 comments: