Thursday, March 5, 2020

.25 Pounds Soaking Wet

As part of her nighttime rounds, my young cat Alice likes to gift me her "toy of the moment."  For awhile that toy was an old plastic cover to a Wii remote.  Then there were any number of small tin foil orbs.  Alice is a huge fan of a homemade tin foil ball.  In fact, the mere sound of me ripping off a sheet of tin foil will bring my ever-curious cat running to see if there will be a piece saved for her.  At this very second, there are no doubt 20-30 tin foil balls hiding under my couch.

Then there was the small, white furry mouse. That was a few months ago- every morning I would wake up to find Alice and her little white mouse next to me.  The one thing I couldn't understand was why the mouse was always soaking wet.

Early one morning the mystery was solved.  I shuffled into the bathroom and found a little white mouse in the toilet.

These days Alice's favorite toy is a small, black furry mouse.  Before I go to bed each night I always make sure to close the lid on the toilet seat.  I'd like to say I always wake up next to a very dry furry mouse, but that's not true.  For it seems, Alice has figured out another use for her water bowl.

No matter- I'll take a water bowl over the toilet bowl any day.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chuckle, Mary. Your writing is so conversational. Carried me easily through the telling. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story. Thanks for sharing, you do a good job building a little tension

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good habit to close the bowl before you flush-- those germs fly everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness it's the water bowl now! Cats are so crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mad skills, actually! I'm a little grossed out but very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing out loud! The toilet mouse is not something I'd want to wake up to, either.

    ReplyDelete