Sunday, March 8, 2020

I Will Not Be Fooled

On this first full day of Daylight Saving Time, I must remember not to be fooled.  I can't be fooled by the light.  Even now, as I look out the window at sunlight and blue skies I'm thinking it could be 4:30 or 5:00 pm.  But. It's. Not.

It's 6:20 pm.  Perhaps that's not a big deal for many but this girl gets up at 5:00 am and knows that bedtime preparations start in just over two hours.  So, I'll keep my eye on the clock--not the daylight--to ensure a smooth start to the new work week.

5 comments:

  1. Ellen.Yankoupe.Smith@gmail.comMarch 8, 2020 at 6:44 PM

    Excellent reminder - and today would be a great day to be fooled. It's lovely outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing voice shines through this slice. Good luck tomorrow. I think I am glad I'm on spring break as I get used to the time change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right! And right again! An hour is a lot when you are on a tight schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so deceiving! Thanks for the slice. I am dreading the wake up too. Not sure I will make to my "I am going to work out tomorrow morning" goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping you sleep wasn't compromised. I approve of your determination to get those hours in.

    ReplyDelete