Friday, March 24, 2017

From Zero to Sixty

I'm a slow starter in the morning.  I get up around 5:15 just so I can spend about 45 minutes with coffee and the news of the world.  I make my coffee from freshly ground beans by the cup.  Shout out to the makers of the Aero Press.  That thing makes one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had.  It is, by far, the highlight of my morning routine.

After coffee time comes the shower and the other get yourself together stuff.  I make a quick breakfast; pack up my lunch and head out the door for a slow stroll to the car.  It's hard to say goodbye to my comfortable little abode, but work is a necessity so I slip into my car and head off to work.

I move slowly through the neighborhood- a full 5 miles under the posted speed limit.  The community takes speeding through the neighborhood seriously.  Testing the limits is likely to get you a Facebook shaming.  


My left out of the neighborhood places me on the entrance ramp to the local highway.  As I wait my turn to merge into traffic I grip my warm cup of coffee.  In no time at all I go from 0 to 60 and I'm speeding into my day trying my best to keep up with the flow of traffic.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your daily routine. Aren't mornings the best? Quite coffee time at home is something I cherish, too.

    ReplyDelete