Saturday, March 25, 2017

Thank You Sleep

Monday through Friday I get, on average, 6.5 hours of sleep.  I manage to get through very busy days in the classroom and am pretty productive.  Somewhere around Thursday the sleep I'm not getting starts catching up on me.  Really I'm more of an 8-9 hours a night kind of sleeper.  Sure, my body can make do with the 6.5 nights but after too many in a row it starts to crave a little more shut-eye time.

Fridays are my sleep savior.  Just last night my Fitbit registered a whopping 9.5 hours of sleep.  No wonder I got so much done around the house today!

By noon I had done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the downstairs, sorted the stacked up mail and cleaned the bathroom.

My chores are done and I'm still full of energy.

Thank you sleep.

Thank you Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. I love the phrase "sleep savior" and sorely miss being able to sleep in on the weekends myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that! Too many Fridays feel like total depletion these days, and sleep is the best remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a 9-hour person too. And a morning person. Not everyone understands this and it is probably good that I live alone. I go to bed at 8 and get up at 5. Not great for a social life.

    ReplyDelete