Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cheers to the Season!

If you were looking for me on a Friday afternoon in 1982 or 1983 you would have found me in the tv room of my dorm at St. Marys College of Maryland.  There I would be, sitting in the pea green vinyl chairs with friends and a gin and tonic in hand.  Three o'clock was General Hospital time and back then we were caught up with Luke and Laura's relationship.

There was a whole lot of gin consumed at St. Marys.  In fact, I think I even stopped drinking gin for a bit shortly after graduation, proving sometimes there can be too much of a good thing.

These days I usually only meet up with a nice gin and tonic during the summer.  The fizzy tonic, the distinct taste of gin and a freshly squeezed lime are hard to pass up on a sun-filled day. 

Today wasn't all that warm or spring-like, but when I realized that spring would be arriving right around dinner time I figured a celebratory cocktail was in order.  After work, I cruised into the local Safeway and picked up a fresh bottle of tonic along with a small lime and headed home for my own personal treat.  With chicken tenders cooking up in the cast iron skillet I mixed up the first G&T of the year.

The first sip was...delightful, as was every sip after.  Cheers to springtime!

4 comments:

  1. Cheers to you-- your slice was as refreshing as your cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good gin and tonic! Your slice was powerfully persuasive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those college days, when cocktails at 3 PM were a thing. Who could forget Luke and Laura?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my choice for the season, too. Pretty excited for my first one! :) Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete