Monday, March 11, 2019

Money Monday

Today's task was a check-up at the dentist.  I left work a little early to get to the other side of Arlington for my appointment.  I like my dentist, I really do, but it seems like every time I step foot in her office I walk out in need of a crown.  Ching-cha-ching

As usual, the hygienist started with x-rays and followed that with a vigorous teeth cleaning.  It wasn't until the cleaning was finished that she told me the regular dentist was out today.  I'd be seeing a stand-in.

And just like that, the money signs disappeared from my head. Certainly, no stand-in dentist is going to find a reason to charge me more.  Even if she did see something, for sure she'd want to wait for my real dentist to see it in another 6 months, right?

Wrong.  The next thing I knew we were all looking at a picture of my bottom left molar.  The hygienist and dentist, of course, referred to the tooth by its given number but I didn't pay attention.  I was too busy looking at the tiny crack in the tooth.  I knew what that meant.

Ching-cha-ching, I'll be back in two weeks to get fitted for my crown.

4 comments:

  1. Awww - that's terrible! Love the onomatopoeia! Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get this. Been there, done that many times. You describe the dread, the hope, the realization you just have to get the work done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy! Fortunately there’s the flex fund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That hurts on two levels.

    ReplyDelete