Saturday, March 2, 2019

It's a Sheet Show

There are two things that will awake my cats from a deep slumber.  First, and somewhat obviously, is the sound of myself in the kitchen.  It doesn't matter if they are hungry or not- if it's close to eating time or not.  If I'm in the kitchen they come padding in assuming I'm whipping up another can of flaked tuna, cheese, and chicken.

That makes sense to me.  What doesn't make sense is the speed with which both felines can appear out of thin air when I'm upstairs, far away from their cat perches, changing my sheets.

Saturday is the usual laundry day.  So Saturday afternoon or evening I am usually fluffing up some fresh, clean smelling sheets as I ready them for placement on my bed.  Without fail, I have two assistants getting in the way as I try my best to smooth out the fitted and flat sheet.  Suddenly, the place that we use for sleep is the best carnival attraction in town. 

It takes a few tries to get the fitted sheet in place.  Before all is done I have to carefully extract a gray ball of fur who is determined to kill the sheet monster.  The battle begins again as soon as the flat sheet settles into place.  By then there may be a black fur soldier ready to take on the big sheet monster.

Eventually, the comforter and pillows are put back in place.  I walk downstairs with two cats on my tail who will, no doubt, be ready for battle again next weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect slice here. Love the sheet monster image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Our cats do the same thing! I'm sure they're convinced that they are protecting us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a universal experience! Funny that they follow you down the stairs when it's over. You're in this weekly war together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this piece! And loved the title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bo does the same thing! That fitted sheet is the biggest challenge. Perfectly described as a carnival attraction!!

    ReplyDelete