Friday, March 15, 2019

Hello Weekend!

Aaahhh, Friday afternoon.  At about 3:30 pm I  limped out of school, wondering if I was suffering from tendonitis, fasciitis, or a bone spur while looking forward to putting my feet up and watching a little ACC basketball.  A stop at Giant meant mustering up just enough energy to do some grocery shopping.  By the time I pushed open my front door I could only think of putting up my feet and sipping on a cold drink.

My plans were busted by the water that was running from my freezer door, down the front of the refrigerator door and pooling on the kitchen floor under Alice's cat food bowls.

&*&!

It was not what I needed today, not at all.

In a flurry of activity, I dropped the groceries, paying careful attention to the dozen eggs I just bought and started throwing towels on the running water in hopes of stopping it all from flowing onto my new dining room floors.  A peek in the freezer showed a stack of ice cubes stuck on the ice maker and a tray of water overflowing.

I'm not much of a fix-it kind of gal, but it didn't take me too long to work the problem.

And so, thirty minutes later I sit here with feet up, wet towels in the wash, and a cold drink by my side feeling quite happy that the weekend has arrived.

3 comments:

  1. You're so handy! I like your attention to the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek - glad you caught this before it got to the new floors! Enjoy that cold one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the energy in this piece, but also your readiness to jump into action after a long week. So glad you could finally put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete