Thursday, March 14, 2019

Ra Ra for WaWa

I busted out of work early today and drove 80 miles north to my hometown.  This type of trip isn't an everyday occurrence, but I wanted to be there to see my niece play in her first college lacrosse game.

Sunny skies and temperatures in the 60s made for a nice afternoon on the bleachers.  It was a little windy but my group came prepared with extra blankets to protect us all from cold aluminum seating and wind gusts.

The home team played well and won with a score of 21 to 11, leaving no doubt who was the better team on the field.

The last whistle came at about 7:30 so I said quick goodbyes and headed to the car.

Before heading home to DC I needed to make one more stop.  I needed to get my WaWa fix.

If there are any WaWa fans out there, you know what I mean.  The rest of you?  I bet you haven't been lucky enough to find yourself under the red neon lights of a great WaWa.

Gas is cheap there.  Bathrooms are clean and the sandwiches?  Well, they're damn good. 

A perfect afternoon was topped off with an easy ride south-no traffic to speak of- and a WaWa sandwich tucked in my fridge ready to go in my lunch tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm - I'll put WaWa on my travel agenda! Sounds like a perfect rest stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you—that sounds like an ideal way to spend the first warm afternoon of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great night for a drive and a hoagie. I like how your post started off with "I busted out"- it prepared me to go on the adventure with you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is major WaWa fandom out there, and your post is perfect for anyone who hasn't sipped their kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete