Monday, March 25, 2019

Slow Start

Spring chill hovers.  Wrapped up in my blanket I roll over and squeeze in the warmth trying my best to ignore the alarm.  Five AM is too early on a Monday.  It's early the rest of the week too, but it hurts just a little more at the beginning of the work week.

Without an ounce of pep in my step, I shuffle to the bathroom willing the warm water to loosen up my body and my brain.  It works a little, but I know the coffee in the kitchen is what I really need to get myself going.

My hand wraps around a warm mug of french roast as I settle onto the floor and stretch out the muscles in my back and neck.  The coffee begins to swirl in the recesses of my sleepy brain, offering a gentle push toward the business of the day.

With body stretched and my brain switching on I open my laptop to check on email, review the day's lesson feeling almost ready to go while thinking of the warmth I had under that gray comforter upstairs.

2 comments:

  1. Love the image of "coffee begins to swirl in the recesses of my sleepy brain." Nice description of what is a daily adventure, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even an ounce of pep? Mondays really are hard!

    ReplyDelete