Friday, March 1, 2019

Free To Do What I Want

In what has to be one of the biggest surprises of the year my school district closed today, leaving me with an entire day of freedom.  Freedom to do whatever I wanted.  I was free to get out of bed whenever I wanted, free to drink a second cup of coffee with my feet propped up in my lady lounge chair and free to move through the day at a more desirable pace.

There were lots of complaints from parents all around the county, but not one from this "in the weeds" teacher. 

Without a thought, I settled myself and my computer into the lounge chair with a cup of coffee by my side and got to work grading all that work that I couldn't seem to get to all week.  Every essay, every homework assignment finally had a grade.  I checked in to see if students had turned in missing assignments and made the necessary corrections in my grade book.  There was a quick break for some avocado toast and a second cup of coffee, but then I was right back to work.  By eleven o'clock I was, for the first time in quite a while, all caught up...and yet, there was still most of the day waiting for me to do whatever I wanted.


4 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! What joy - work is caught up and the weekend in front of you! I love the term lady lounge chair. Is that your term? I also sense the future in "more desirable pace"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had fun with the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our days were similar, complete with avocado toast. It was the perfect setup for the SOLC, too. Thank you, Dr. Superintendent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some time for yourself after catching up on work!

    ReplyDelete