Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Lucky Me

Tonight my belly is full of pancakes.  Kathy, a good buddy of mine, and I have been eating pancakes together on Mardi Gras Tuesday for over ten years now.  We started out meeting up at a local diner-because sometimes you need an adult beverage with your Tuesday night pancakes, right? When that diner closed we found a variety of other places to enjoy pancakes, wine, and friendship. 

Recently, we've found it to be just as fun to hang out in the kitchen for a homemade pancake dinner.  Tonight Kathy and I hung out at her kitchen counter just like we have on many an occasion.  We toasted with a cocktail. We chatted while pancakes were flipped and while they were eaten.

After dinner, the King Cake came out and I was handed the knife to cut the first piece.  Whaddya know...there was the baby, ready to bring me luck and prosperity throughout the coming year.

Friendship, pancakes and a little bit of luck.  That's what I call a good Tuesday night.

5 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT Tuesday night. Love picturing you with pancakes and cocktails-- and a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Tuesday. I love that the two of you have made a real tradition out of pancakes...and especially that you always include wine. That's a combo that is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the baby on the first try?! Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mardi gras, Happy pazcki day! Glad you enjoyed your pancakes, I love me some pumpkin pancakes!

    ReplyDelete