Friday, March 1, 2013

A Darn Good Day

As far as days off go I'd have to say that the one I had today was just about perfect.  After  a slightly painful medical test in the morning and my weekly allergy shots I had the rest of the day to myself.  It turns out a day with not much to do was just what I needed.

Going out to lunch always makes me happy.  As a teacher it's a treat to be able to sit for an hour or so and enjoy a meal prepared by someone else.  Today's meal of fish tacos was fabulous on its own- throw in a midday beer and a few laughs with a friend and wow what a treat it was.

After lunch I spent about an hour strolling up and down the aisles of Target as I looked for nothing in particular.  By the time I had checked out, to the tune of about $150, I had six bags of everything I was sure I needed. There will be new purple towels in the bathroom, a bright blue ironing board cover and one well-organized desk.

Yes, lunch and a Target shopping spree.  It's hard to imagine much more fun than that isn't it? 

How about an afternoon nap?  Yes, it was a darn good day.

5 comments:

  1. Only slightly painful? That was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yearn to be able to take a day and not feel guilty or stressed because of what I've missed. I have only napped successfully in the first trimester of pregnancy. Maybe that's why I had five kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your description of lunch, you're right a dream to a teacher, as we regularly shovel in whatever we've got in twenty minutes or less, meanwhile fielding phone calls, knocks on the door, and countless interruptions for more ... sounds like you made good use of your day and kudos to you for not doing school work!!

    Looking forward to slicing with you this month!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend and I plan days like this for each of our birthdays. It's amazing how pleasing doing nothing can be. Purple towels sound like such a treat!

    ReplyDelete